Interested in joining us?
Welcome to Hampshire & Surrey Psychology!
Dr Karen Quatermass – Practice Director
We are a private practice of independent psychologists and psychotherapists. I founded Hampshire and Surrey Psychology in 2006 with the aim of benefiting clients and practitioners. I wanted to give clients one stop access to a range of appropriately qualified and registered clinicians offering specialist psychological skills and experience.
For practitioners, the aim was to provide our independent clinicians (primarily psychologists) not only with appropriate referrals but also with a supportive and ethical business framework within which to practice. Our aim is to provide an environment that promotes evidence based practice and professional growth within a context of peer support and reciprocity.
We aim to provide clinical outputs of a consistently excellent standard to all of our clients. We are all signed up to rigorous professional standards of practice and ethics which means clients have a right to expect us to be constantly mindful of best practice and of our own professional limits, consistently responsive, sensitive to their situation and to be at all times respectful of them as individuals.
Working within the Hampshire and Surrey Psychology framework you will have the opportunity to network and support your colleagues and to work collaboratively where appropriate. You remain self-employed which gives you the support of the organisation but with the freedom to control your own clinical practice, caseload and working hours.
What do we offer?
We are able to offer you support in your day to day practice, including:
- General support and advice in setting up your private practice
- Our administrative team if the first point of contact for clients, ensuring that clients are supported and that you receive referrals that are within your realm of expertise. They are there to support our clients in partnership with you.
- Access to a secure database for your administrative and financial duties and training in its use
- Peer supervision and networking
- Twice yearly practice meetings which count towards your CPD and provide opportunities for networking with your colleagues
- Clinic spaces may be available in Petersfield, Hindhead and Rownhams (Southampton) – although many associates find their own clinic space and we are open to discussing new locations
- A network of expert colleagues available for consultation
We aim to offer support to adults who are experiencing a wide range of psychological difficulties. We believe that it is vital to give our clients choice because people become stronger and more confident if they can make their own decisions. We strive to make first class evidence based treatment available outside the NHS, to provide people with the means to make their own decisions and collaborate in developing their treatment path and managing their recovery.
If you would like to discuss possibilities further please contact us at email@example.com with your CV in the first instance.
We are always open to talking to excellent clinicians, especially those with specialist experience in any area/therapy that can enhance the services we are able to offer our clients. Currently topical are trauma specialisations with EMDR/experience with complex presentations.
I am very sorry but we do not have any opportunities for Assistant Psychologists at the present time.