BSc(Hons), PG Dip, MBACP
Couple Counselling, EFT,CBT
I specialise in working with couples and individuals, and regularly work with clients in areas including: communication, affairs and infidelity, blended families, bereavement (loss and grief), depression and anxiety. My integrated approach uses systemic theory (including exploring your thought processes and current situation) and psychodynamic theory (historical exploration linking to unconscious thoughts and behaviour). I also apply aspects of emotionally-focused therapy (EFT); and cognitive behavioural techniques (CBT). Currently, I also work for the national charity Relate.
Further Professional Development Training
– Couples in Conflict: Affairs, Jealousy and Betrayal
– Bereavement, Grief and Loss
– Emotionally-focused Couple Therapy
– Shame and Vulnerability
– Asperger Syndrome and Relationships
– Domestic Violence and Abuse
– LGBTQ and Awareness
– Monogamy and Non-monogamy
– Child Protection and Safeguarding
– Anger Management and Relationships
– Narrative Therapy
Professional Clinical Practice
Psychotherapy focuses on obtaining insight into the problems you face. It involves exploring your thoughts, emotions and significant events in your history. Psychotherapy aims to help you bring about positive change in
your life and/or find suitable methods of managing.
Counselling centres on listening to you, and assisting you. You decide what issue/s regarding your adulthood and/or childhood you explore. An objective of counselling is to help you talk about a difficulty and discover
solution/s which are appropriate for you.
In my practice, I endeavour to work with clients in an empathic, collaborative and non-judgemental way. I work respectfully with clients to help examine the concerns they bring and develop greater self-awareness. With the desire to change and self-awareness of behaviour, I believe it is possible for individuals to bring about positive change.
Memberships, Qualifications and Training
– PG Dip in Relationship Therapy L7 (part of BACP accredited MA in Relationship Therapy) with Birkbeck University, London/Relate Institute
– L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills with Peter Symonds College, Winchester
– Relate Certificate of Proficiency
– MBACP, Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
– Relate Registered Practitioner: 12371
– Professionally insured to practice counselling and psychotherapy.
– Enhanced DBS Certification
An initial fifty minute assessment gives you an opportunity to discuss your situation, and for us to agree on how best we can work together. A number of sessions can be agreed at the outset (often around six), and that
agreement can be reviewed at any stage.