Dr Eliza Tucker
MSc, CPsychol, AFBPsS
Chartered Clinical Psychologist
CBT, ACT,TRT, CAT & DBT
HCPC Registered (PYL 35204)
I am an experienced and fully qualified Chartered Clinical Psychologist. I have worked within the field of psychology for over 15 years, in a range of physical and mental health settings. In 2013, I graduated at the University of Southampton where I completed my PhD in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and patients who have problems with hearing and tinnitus. The first issues I worked with were hearing, depression and anxiety and I still continue to help people who suffer from tinnitus and social withdrawal.
I have worked with a wide range of mental health problems and emotional distress. In particular, I enjoy working with older people to help them to understand the ageing process. I have also practised for over 6 years in psychoanalytic group therapy and I strongly believe in this approach. In my practice, I combine two approaches (CBT and psychoanalytic approach), but this depends on the individual need of the client.
I work together with my clients to help them to overcome their difficulties by working together in a safe and trustworthy environment, where the dialogue is the core of the therapy. I offer clients and their families a psychological understanding of their difficulties and interventions to improve their sense of wellbeing and reduce distress. I can also provide therapy in Polish.
My areas of expertise are:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood difficulties (e.g. depression, mood instability)
- Anxiety disorders (e.g. OCD, panic, social anxiety, health anxiety)
- Personality disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Chronic Pain and fatigue
- Life crisis
- Sleeping problems
- Social problems
- Stress related difficulties
- Couple Therapy
I use a range of therapeutic approaches and tailor therapy according to the needs of the individuals I work with. The main models I use are: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT), Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
I can work with individuals or provide group therapy.
- Accredited online course “Palliative and End of Life Care”
- Southampton Solent University, “CBT for Older Adults”
- University College London, “Many Faces of Dementia”
- University of Sussex, “Social Anxiety Disorder”
PhD, Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, University of Southampton
- Thesis: “Tinnitus in Cochlear Implantees. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Implant Users”
The Institute of Group Analysis – Warsaw, London, Turvey (Bedfordshire)
- Psychoanalytic trainee, psychoanalytic therapy
- Group Analytic training
- Seminars and lectures related to psychoanalytic approaches
MSc, Clinical Psychology, Warsaw School of Social Psychology, Poland
- Projects: Characteristics of co-addicted women in alcohol addiction families