Dr Zacharias Vogiatzis
CPSYCHOL, PSYCHD, PGDIP, BSC (HONS)
Dynamic Interpersonal Char
I am an experienced Chartered Psychologist and an expert in talking therapies, offering private psychological therapy in-person and online. I have years of training in a range of psychological therapies that address the full scope of emotional and behavioural difficulties. Providing a compassionate approach grounded in evidence, I offer you the most effective psychological therapy, tailor-made to match your unique needs and difficulties.
Having worked as a clinician for several years, I have widespread experience in the NHS and third-sector services and have treated from mild to moderate to severe and long-term mental health conditions. I have specialist training in the most up-to-date evidence based psychological therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dynamic Interpersonal (DIT) and Psychodynamic.My rigorous training and experience in leading NHS Trusts and my personal commitment to my profession mean that my clients can be confident that they are receiving the highest standard of care, the care they deserve.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
My passion for psychotherapy began during my bachelor studies in psychology and was further developed whilst I was working in the NHS as a mental health practitioner. After obtaining my BSc, I worked in senior positions at third-sector organisations providing psychological support to people struggling from complex mental health difficulties. Soon after, I started a four-year professional Doctorate training in Counselling Psychology.
My work in the NHS, alongside my doctorate studies, led me to specialist training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), and Psychodynamic Therapy. Additionally, I provided supervision to CBT trainees and psychological well-being practitioners and offered workshops to the wider team. Furthermore, I helped to set up diverse psychological services in GP surgeries in East London, and participated in service monitoring, evaluating the efficiency of specific therapy interventions.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (PsychD), University of East London
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy (Levels 1, 2 & 3), Richman EMDR
- PGDip Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT), King’s College London
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Goldsmiths College, University of London
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder, SDS Seminars, July 2019
- Two-day Introduction Workshop to Intensive Short-term Dynamic Psychotherapy, ISTDP UK, June 2018
- From Fragmentation to Cohesion: The Technique of Repairing Severe Ego Fragility, ISTDP UK, November 2017
- Trauma Training, NELFT, October 2017
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy and Mentalisation, Anna Freud Centre, October 2017
- Effective Techniques for Recovery Chronic, Treatment Resistant and Complex Depression, NELFT, May 2017
- Working Effectively with Unconscious Anxiety & Defences to Rapidly Access Core Emotions, ISTDP UK, May 2017
- Complex Presentation in Primary Care, NELFT, January 2017
- Safeguarding Adults, Children, (Level 2 and 3), Basic Life Support, NELFT, 2014
- CBT for Depression & Suicide, Best Practices. Christine Padesky, May 2013
- Managing Challenging and Aggressive Behaviour, Mind, June 2012
- Post-Qualifying Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), WPF Therapy, November 2011 – March 2012
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Skills Training, WPF Therapy, October 2009 – July 2010
Privately I work with clients who self-refer or who are referred via Hampshire & Surrey Psychology. I offer short-term (8 to 16 weeks), medium-term (up to 24 weeks) and long term (a year or more) therapy. I welcome individuals from all cultures, backgrounds and sexual orientations.
What to Expect in Your First Session
The first session is for assessment purposes. I will be asking several questions to gain an initial understanding of what brings you to therapy and identify your needs so that together we can determine how therapy can benefit you. I will also explain how I work (e.g., confidentiality, cancellations, holidays, fees) and what you can expect from therapy. Additionally, this will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions about me (e.g., clinical experience and training and questions about psychotherapy/counselling in general).
Attending the first session does not mean you have to commit to a therapeutic contract.
Psychological Issues I Work With
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
I am committed to a high standard, ethical, and a non-discriminatory professional therapeutic practice and welcome individuals from all cultures, backgrounds and sexual orientations. I am fully accredited and registered with strictly governed professional bodies such as the HCPC,BABCP and BPSand strongly abide by their ethical framework.
HCPC: PYL 38055
I am registered with most major health insurance providers such as AETNA, ALLIANZ, AVIVA, AXA, BUPA, CIGNA, VITALITY & WPA.
My fee is £120 per 55 minutes session.
I do understand that it is sometimes difficult to know where to begin. Get in touch email@example.com I will be happy to provide a recommendation for your best treatment. For more information about my clinical training, experience and the psychological difficulties I can help you with you can visit my website http://www.thepsychologyclinics.co.uk
I work at Petersfield, 5 College Street, GU31 4AE. I also work online via encrypted software.